Monday, March 23, 2009

Starting Again!!

So this is my first post in about 4 years. I used to blog in college but stopped and deleted all of those because they were from college and were juvenile! My hobby right now is decorating and fixing up my house. My husband and I bought our house back in August and after months and months of negotiations and closing date changes we finally closed and moved in! YAY! We bought a foreclosure so we have done a lot of work inside and made it livable but are not anywhere to being completely done. I will post before and after shots once things are more complete! Right now I am focusing on outside because it is an absolute eye sore. The weather is beautiful outside and I think it is the perfect time! However we live in Smithville and there is nothing but pine trees in are yard which means pine needles everywhere. I have spent two days raking them up so I can start landscaping. My sister would be so proud. I'm not the best with plants, but I'm am determined to read and learn more about them so I don't waste money but killing them all! I took Hort classes in college but I just barely got out of those classes alive! I forgot to take complete before pictures, but you can see the tell by the half I did take before!

This is a before picture. My yard is covered in pine needles and h
orrible plants. I don't know what the people before me were thinking!


This next picture is what my yard looks like underneath all the pine needles. I'm not exactly sure what I am going to do with all these areas. The previous owners have a rock line that outline what I am going to landscape. I am going to keep this border because it will make everything much easier. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

This final picture is the two sides of the yard. I'm done cleaning out one side and it was a lot of work. You can also see the rock border (kinda). The left side is the side that I have completed cleaning out and the right I have yet to start. All in another days work.
I know that I am far from starting my planting, but I think the prep work takes the most time. I am looking forward to making my house more of a home; I found my some of my Hort books to try and educate myself. I am super excited. I hope my sister is totally ready to help!!!

2 comments:

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

I'm glad your back. WoW! What a huge transformation. I can't believe the difference it makes. I can actually see dirt. I am totally ready to start landscaping. All in a days work...or maybe a weekend!!! I would probably suggest the planting in spurts - for $$$ sake. It can get expensive. Great job, keep up the good work!

AnAggieBug said...

Yea! That's a great project. I'm glad you're blogging again.